Sunday, October 5, 2008

to catch you up quickly...

Lilli's school had a family fun night at the good old "GREAT SKATE"! If you grew up in Glendale you probably used to go here when you were in 5th or 6th grade. Quite the happenin' place if I remember correctly!
At one point I was carrying all of our shoes (Todd's big man shoes, my shoes, and lots of little flip flops). Heidi was completely terrified and so she had wrapped herself around my leg. I am struggling for my life because I'm wearing skates for the first time in probably 5 years and my pants are falling down some because of Heidi's tugging..... well you know how you always run into people from highschool at the worst time???? I look up in time to see one of my highschool crushes walking by laughing at me. He made some comment to me, I can't remember now... but I just felt like an idiot. Good times. Other than the first chaotic moments, we had a lot of fun. Todd and I took turns taking the girls out on the rink and holding them up while they attempted to skate. It was a really good arm and back work out and I was pretty sore the next morning.
This is just a cute shot from Aspen Grove. I wish I had gotten Lilli in focus a little better, but it still captures the sweet moment. Sisters are the best. I'm so glad my house is full of them.
I heard the sink going on and off, on and off. I was getting ready to lecture Lilli or Heidi about playing with water. I was very suprised to walk in and see little "Gwendi" in our raised vanity sink. I couldn't believe she had climbed all the way up there. She was quite proud of herself, as evidenced by her constant grin and excitement.
This is Todd's pride and joy. He set up an oreo display at Wal Mart (he's a Kraft Sales Rep.). He actually brought his camera to work with him on that day. My husband is such an artist. I swear he does actually work at work... or so he tells me.
p.s. does that actually look like an oreo to you????

2 comments:

Tanner Fam said...

Actually, I am a little disappointed that Todd didn't dress up as the oreo man.

Dandi said...

ditto to Jen's comment. I love the picture of Gwen in the sink. How funny....and a little scary!