Okay, so I was so sure that I wasn't a long story, deep thought kind of blogger...
I will do my best to not be deep, or long.
So, I was giving a friend of mine a hard time about gossipping (how the heck do you spell gossipping? two p's????) and this friend wasn't really even being a gossip, I was just giving her a hard time. However it led to thoughts and a conversation with my sister. Let's make it clear-
I am guilty of gossip, in general (not making any big, public, confessions).
The biggest reason I was making a big joke or fuss of the gossip thing was more because I didn't want people to think of me as being okay with gossip. Yes, I know, I already confessed that I am guilty as charged, but I figure if people don't think you're okay with it to begin with (which truly I'm not okay, even though imperfect in the area) than they will be less likely to start a whispering, tattling, gossipy conversation with you.
Why am I going on and on? because I did feel hypocritical to even tease someone else about something that I am not perfect at.
Great, now everyone will be afraid to talk to me because they think I'm some big gossipy brat-
Let me explain where I come from on the whole "gossip rule".
I went to a private school for 2 years of high school. Our rule was that you were not even allowed to use someone's name unless you had specific permission from that person. Maybe this is extreme, well of course it is, but it made a definite impression on me and it sure did make it easier to not gossip. Even if you wanted to tell some herrendous story, you weren't allowed to use any names, thus eliminating the gossipy-ness.
"What a ridiculous rule, like anyone actually followed it!!"
Actually, we did. At least myself, and my group of friends did. Seriously, you got in trouble if you got "caught".
It was a unique time that I'm sure can't be recreated in "the real world", but it still made an impression and set a standard in my life, that yes again... I confess I do not maintain.
And the long, but not deep conversation with myself, for everyone in the world to read, is DONE. (don't flatter yourself, only about 3 people check your blog, and Jen T. you barely count... you and you're sarcastic comments... ;)
9 comments:
All I have to say, was once there was this girl, whose name was Jessi, and we used to work out at the gym together. I could lift way more than her, cause she was always too busy flappin the gums talking about THIS person and THAT person. I feel like I know the WHOLE world through her. My life was better then.....ah....memories.
Honey, I ROCKED your world!!! and yes, it was good times... very good times. I miss them!
I'm just relieved that when I'm gossiped about I come out as "the good friend."
I think lots more people read your blog than you even know!
So hey Jessi, I'm read your blog!
why don't they have an edit button on comments for people who can't type like me? Your choice is delete it or leave it.
Personally, I am inspired. I think that I'm going to give not saying peoples names without permission is a good idea...Jessi do I have permission to use your name, cause I really want to talk some trash about you??? J/k I do think, although a little extreme in the "real" world, it's a good idea to strive for.
Ok, I'm such a nerd! I've looked at your blog a few times, and I just barely got the "our sweet YOUNG girls" thing. Very cute! haha.. Cute background too!
I feel the same way about not being okay with gossip, but not being perfect myself.
Jess, you are one awesome princess in this world of many "ugly stepsisters". Keep your chin up, but glance down every now and then and watch out for cracks in the sidewalk...You've got good stuff! xo
PS. Your mudda really calls you Fruly!
Post a Comment