Sunday, March 18, 2012

that sounds funny…..

Do you know what pneumonia sounds like?  I do… now! Todd thought it sounded like I had pop rocks in my mouth, but it turns out it was just all of the nasty, infected, bacteria fluid in my lungs crackling away. I could feel it moving when I would lay down on my side… I’m not sure why it didn’t occur to me that there was fluid in my lungs and that I had pneumonia! I started off with the flu and then, a week later, was still so sick! So, I went on got an x-ray and blood work…. It still took another week before I was functional and even then was getting out of breath and exhausted after anything I did. It has been rough, but I’m finally (almost) fully functioning. I have to take it easy when I get movin’ around too much… and I’m still coughing up, well, you don’t want to know about that. It has been fascinating to learn about pneumonia… I just didn’t realize HOW BIG OF A DEAL it can be. I can understand why and how 1 out of 3 people died from this before antibiotics. I don’t think I have ever been this sick in my life. I would like to thank my mother and American Idol for aiding immensely in my recovery!!!!

 

This is pretty much all that my family saw of me for 2 weeks. In fact, Gwen got in the habit of asking me, first thing in the morning, every morning, “Are you still sick today?”

IMG_3281IMG_3288IMG_3289

5 comments:

Dandi said...

I'm concerned, you have two pictures with your cat but only one with your daughter...hmmm....
I'm glad you are feeling betterish. I missed you terribly.

Richard Alger said...

Don't mess around with pneumonia!

I am glad you are getting better.

Stephanie said...

This is not a funny post! I was excited o hear some funny thing you girls Sid or something. I have been so worried about you and I am or really a worrier so that says something. I am so glad you are FINALLY getting better. Love you!

Stephanie said...

That's what a post from an iPad looks like if you don't proof read it. Lol

Nan said...

Glad to hear that the worst is over. The kids want to play with Gwen and Tori.