Thursday, October 1, 2009

I'll help you....

Gwen LOVES to help me cook. Which is mostly fun and sometimes stressful. Today it was fun. I was making some breadsticks, it was time to stir everything together before I started kneading it. Gwen was holding a little tsp. and getting as involved as she could with it. I got out a wooden spoon and stirred it around above the bowl and ingredients, trying to show Gwen what to do, while saying excitedly, "Stir it, Gwen... Stir it!". Then I handed her the wooden spoon (which was much bigger and more important looking than her little tsp.). She was very excited- giddy even. She took the spoon and just started waving it like a magic wand above the bowl. It was so sweet and innocent , but what topped it off was how excited she was about the whole thing and you could tell she thought she was being so helpful. Waving and Waving like 2 1/2 year old little witch over her cauldron of bread... except not cackling- just smiling, and big, "proud of myself" breaths.
Love it.

3 comments:

Nan said...

She will be a baker yet! Fun times one on one.

Kent Kate & Afton said...

Thanks for the story. I love those images that make you giggle out loud when you think about it. I will probably be giggling randomly all day.

Dandi said...

She's so cute and in a really fun stage.