Thursday, April 29, 2010

picture fat

Why is it so easy to fool yourself in the mirror about how you look. "okay, not too fat, not too bad, just a little extra roundness" and then you see a picture and it's like "holy something. my face is so swollen i can hardly see my eyes, and YES I DO need a haircut... what the goodness evil was i thinking, kill me now"

just looked at the family pictures we took in idaho. needless to say we didn't get any keepers.

what's your trick? how do you get your brain to switch back to normal after pregnancy?

p.s. has anyone seen my jaw line anywhere? can't find it.

5 comments:

Bon said...

i totally remember that after baby feeling. it's the worst. especially feeling like ok, i don't look that bad today. then look back and yikes, why did i even leave the house?? not too much the frumpy stage i went through for like 2 years i swear. i say the cure is to go shopping. if that's not feasible, then i have no answers. i'm still waiting until i can have a giant shopping spree to feel cute again. but if it counts, i think you look way good-and i LOVE your hair, i could never pull that off, i'd look retarded. oh-and i never noticed a double chin. :)

Bon said...

i apologize for the above novel

Dandi said...

Holy wowzers, Batman! Your PHAT! I love the post Jessi! I think you look great. I know you weren't fishing for compliments....or maybe you were....but you are stinkin' cute. (That's code for you you have a sweet spirit!) LOL Just kidding!

Kent Kate & Afton said...

I hear you. you know how wonderful you feel after having a baby. (a least I do) No more huge baby belly and you loose a bunch of weight initially. Well for some reason I don't realize that I gained weight in other places too. Then I see a picture and see the size of my face and arms and freak out. I am not sure what to do. So I am not sure why I commented. hmmmmm. But I do know Dandi is most likely right. You looked beautiful in the pictures I saw of you at the end of your pregnancy so I imagine you look even better now.

Tanner Fam said...

Umm..when you find the secret..let me know. I haven't had a baby for 9 years and I STILL have that problem!!