I know of someone who has just passed away and I'm touch by the things I've learned about her journey. I don't know her personally so it is not affecting me deeply beyond my sympathies for her friends and young family that she is leaving behind.
As I'm considering it and seeing posts from people who are grieving and some who are feeling angry, I'm just thinking about it and wondering how I would/do feel about it. I have to admit that as I'm considering her experience RIGHT NOW (not prior and not her family's losses), I kind of feel excited. Wow, think of all the things she is experiencing right now that we've spent our wholes lives wondering (and preparing) for...
I'm a little excited for that time in my journey (hopefully and prayerfully it will be many many many years from now).
so... morbid maybe?
3 comments:
I am excited about you going too. jk It better be in the far far distant future. I do get what you mean though. I am excited to meet my maker someday and see all the loved ones that I always wanted to know.
There are a lot of ways to deal with information like that and the thoughts it provokes. I'd prefer to think that you have a healthy outlook rather than morbid. The older I get, the more I realize that embracing life means embracing death; it seems a lot more natural than it did when I was your age (pre-LDS), but then, again, Death reminds me that I am accountable for my time here.....yikes! Excuse me, I have some genealogy to get done!!
I agree with Franki. Totally healthy to be looking forward to the next phase of forever. I've been obsessed with getting all of our stuff in order in case I die - I'm driving Joel crazy (which may be why I'm doing it :))
Post a Comment